March 17, 2020
With the recent developments across the region and state, in accordance with the recommendations and guidance from the CDC, State of Pennsylvania and Allegheny County, the UPMC Events Center box office will be closed until further notice. The health and safety of our guests, employees, and partners remains our top priority.
March 16, 2020
Our primary concern is the health and well-being of fans, our clients and our employees. While some events will unfortunately need to be canceled, we are currently focused on working with event owners to determine how best to reschedule each event for your enjoyment. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this new territory. Please visit the event pages of specific events for refund information and the most current news regarding the events status.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding during this time.
Click here to find out the status of your events or info regarding cancellation and rescheduling of live events.
UPMC Events Center Management
March 10, 2020
The comfort and safety of our guests and employees is a top priority for us.
We are closely monitoring the situation and are in constant contact with the CDC, local and state officials, and our corporate office and following their guidance and suggestions.
Our events will continue as planned as we have strengthened our rigorous sanitation process and procedures throughout the UPMC Events Center.
In addition to placing hand sanitizer at each of our entry points, we have also posted informational messaging from the CDC in all of our restrooms and other high-traffic areas of the venue.
We have further added the following measures to create a safe environment for our guests, including:
- Disinfecting all restrooms and surfaces before, during and after events
- Ensuring all employees are trained in properly washing, cleaning and wearing gloves when serving our customers.
- Sanitizing restrooms continuously throughout the day whether there are events or not.
- Having personnel open doors for guests when possible
- Closely monitoring the health of our employees and requiring them to stay home should they experience the slightest of symptoms.
With the safety of our guests, their families and our employees a top priority, we kindly remind our guests if they or any of their family members are experiencing respiratory illness and symptoms, fever, coughing and shortness of breath to avoid visiting the UPMC Events Center and follow doctor’s orders.
Other steps you can take to minimize the spread of viruses include:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick.
- Washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. Especially before eating, after using the bathroom, and after coughing and/or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Sneezing or coughing into your elbow; or covering your mouth and nose with a tissue before sneezing or coughing, then immediately discard the tissue.
- Regularly disinfecting frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and countertops.
We will continue to review emerging guidance on preventative measures and will adjust our policies and procedures as needed.
We look forward to entertaining you soon.
UPMC Events Center